Saturday, September 13, 2008

Randomness

As you may have guessed looking around the place I am a huge Obama Supporter. I volunteer at the local campain office, I am a precinct captain for my voting district and I recently joined our local democratic committee. Last week we had a dinner to raise money. It was a really good time, my husband went along to so it was a great night without the kids. Here we are after a couple of beers to loosen up.


I really think that Keith and I need to make more of an effort to go on dates. It was so much fun just hanging out with him. We had good food, good conversation and a good time. I miss that.

In other news I went to the doctor to talk about coming off my happy pills. I think they are the cause for my ridiculous weight gain. Instead the doctor increased my dose. He was very concerned that I would just stop taking them and asked me to call him if I decided to do that. Really made me feel like I have a first class ticket on the wacky express. I am so over trying all these solutions for my issues. Maybe I really am just a grouchy, mean person and I just need to learn to adjust myself. I don't know it is just exhausting to constantly think about it and doubt your every decision. I guess I might need more help and I have to stay committed to making a better me. It just gets overwhelming at times that I can't deal with my life.

Wow that turned into a rather depressing little rant, sorry about that. Tomorrow I am meeting some friends at the beach so I will have sunshine and rainbow stories for you then!

2 comments:

Moxymama said...

Having time with the hubby is important. My husband and I don't do it enough but recently got to go on a "date" alone and left the kids with my parents. It's nice to be able to talk and not have to worry about taking care of the kids.

Jen said...

You're not on the crazy train hon. I'm sorry that you're not off the pills yet - you will be, promise!

You look so pretty! And GOBAMA!!