Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Pledge To Me

I am really bent around the axle about this whole soccer mom thing and my inability to juggle both motherhood and taking care of me. I am going to make a pledge to myself to remember myself. Remember I deserve to have my hair done. Something simple, I like myself as a blonde and need to keep up with it. If I see the well water turning my hair brassy I need to get a condtion treatment. If I see roots coming in, I need to go get it done. I have truely learned my lesson with taking the cheap route. I walked around looking like Ronald McDonald, not a good look for anyone. All because I wanted to save some money and went to a cheap salon, never again. It is true, you get what you pay for! I need to remember to take care of my body, this means exercise and diet well. I know we are given only one body, I need to treat it like I love it. I need to exercise daily, it doesn't always have to be a smoke session but I do need to get active. I need to realize everything I put in my body. Does a person really need that many sweets. Do I really want to drink so much soda it runs through my veins. Do I really need to soak up so much sun my skin is begging for moisture? I am going to remember how nice clothes makes you feel better. How it gives cconfidence to do a good job and helps portray confidence. These are basic needs but I pledge to take them seriously and keep them in perspective!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hmm...I think I need to borrow this for myself...

Good for you!