Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Woke Up

So the other day I was feeling a little achey and feverish at work. I decided to take the rest of the day off and sleep while the kiddos where at school. I slept, I mean I deep sleeped, completely knocked out and unaware there was a world around me.

My dear sweet Keith went to pick up the kiddos from school and even took them to eat. When they came home I had been sleeping for about 6 hours. Keith woke me up to say there was food, I wasn't hungry. That was the first indication I wasn't well, I never turn down food. In fact I think it is my personal obligation to totally destroy and conquer any food around me. When I went to sit up my head felt like it was going to explode and my throat felt like it was tightening up. I went to swallow and it hurt so bad I thought I might instantly pee my pants. I knew I had strep. I just had to wait until the morning to call the doctor for an appointment. That was really easy, I fell right back to sleep, in that deep deep sleep.

Luckily Keith was able to care for the kids because I never even thought of their welfare. I am scared to think of what he dressed them in for school, I am pretty sure he didn't comb Kye's hair and he went to school with puffy hair. Oh well, preschool teachers are used to these things when they see Dad dropping them off right?

I went to the doctors with this long list of aligments I was going to tell her about that included lower back pain around my kidney area, muscle spasms in my back, headache, sore throat, body aches. I got in her office and the nurse asked what was going on and all I could say with tears in my eyes is "I'm sick". She wanted to swab my throat and I had to forewarn her that it was gross in there. I just brushed my teeth but it was already not good and I was embarassed. I will spare you the details of what it looked like! She assured me this would be one of the better places she would have to look at through out the day. ZI still wasn't convinced but I wasn't up for the fight so I let her in.

It came back that I had strep and off they sent me with a prescription. I went to Wal-mart to fill it because here in this small town that is the best we have. When I dropped it off they told me it would be 45 mins. I was so disappointed, I mean it was one of those Z-Pack thingys that is already measured out. All they had to do was pick it off the shelf and hand it over. Ok there might be more to it but at that point I didn't want to give them any credit, I wanted to trhow my weak body on the floor and spin my self around kicking and screaming like Kye has taught me. That gets a reaction for him, granted it is not always good but I figured these people probably never saw a grown woman do it so they might fix my problem. Instead I went and sat on a bench and waited.

I got the prescription and went home and went back to sleep and slept and slept, until it was time to go to work on Friday. So now here I am operating at about 90% but I am awake after two complete days of sleeping!

1 comment:

Jess said...

How do you feel babe?