I breast fed Kye for 14 months and was a stickler for introducing foods at the prescribed time. I stayed away from the high allergy food until at least a year. Around a year I tried whole milk with him. He immediately broke out in hives all over. Reported to the doctor and she said it could be a sensitivity try soymilk. He also had the same reaction to peanut butter and eggs. The docotor said I could try them all again later to see if he would out grow them. After the reaction I was scared to try them again and just kept him on soy milk. Kye has eczema and has been itching a WHOLE lot. Today Daddy took him to the allergist for an allergy test. Guess what on of his biggest allergens is SOY. For the last 2 and half years I have been giving him soy, I have been causing him all the issues with scratching and being miserable. I feel like a jack-ass.
Other things that he is allergic to are eggs, nuts, mold, dogs and grass. The grass he is allergic to grows all year long here in Virginia. I am excited though that we now know what to do and what not to do. I just went through the cabinets and read the labels and I am so surprised at how many food have soy in them. It is like we have to start a whole new lifestyle for him.
Anyone have any tips on handling a soy allergy?