Saturday, January 10, 2009

Things I learned at the gym this week

I know we all have those I was a bad mama-jamma days. Be it before kids, before marriage, before life snuck up and kicked the shit out of us, there was a time when we felt superfly!!!

I am desperately seeking those days and have committed to going to the gym and working out. In fact I went everyday since last Sunday and I feel GREAT!!!! I have learned some things this week and thought I would share them with you.

1. Everyone in the universe makes a resolution that requires them to be at the gym.

2. 3 years and 1 kid later makes a huge difference on your physical condition.

3. Retro 80's clothes should not include the workout clothes.

4. I need stretching in order to walk after any type of cardio workout.

5. Getting stuck next to the stinky onion mixed in dead dog smelling guy sucks!

6. Changing my shirt in the locker room now that I have more weight is more intimidating than when I had to do it in 7th grade and had no boobs.

7. I can be a little competitive and end up pushing the level button up every time the person next to me does so I should pick cardio machines next to people more out of shape than I am.

8. Adjusting the IPOD while I am running on the treadmill can be dangerous to my health.

9. The step climber is evil.



All those are great lessons but one thing I haven't learned is why I have a sneezing fit about 15 mins after running. My nose hearts so bad ad I sneeze hard sneezes. I did some Internet searches and I have no other symptoms of the exercise induced Asthma. It does not feel like allergies and is only happens when I run on the treadmill. I have none of the issues after the elliptical or bike, just running. Any ideas???

5 comments:

Young Momma said...

lol! I love it! I also love the competitive one. I was that way too! My bestest and I used to go to the gym together. Mind you, she played hard core soccer all through high school, and I was the asthmatic who sat on the side lines all year. lol I was always trying to keep up with her! It was awful! lol Although, I loved the step climber! :) I hope you lose everything you want to!

AmberW said...

Oh the changing room in did you say, seventh grade?!
It's much worse now!!!
I love your list though... all valuable lessons that I am going to learn this week after I go out and purchase my gym membership!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I totally know what you mean about needing to up your machine if the neighbor does! Lol!

I'm not part of a gym. Honestly, what forces me to get out and walk and run is having dogs. If I didn't have them I wouldn't do anything. But they are bigger dogs and need exercise otherwise they'll eat our house apart. Sort of a good motivator-huh?!

jmt said...

I'll never do the gym thing. I'm an outdoor runner. LOL You can have stinky guy all day!

As for the nose sneeze thing....the only thing I could rationalize is that you're breathing much harder in and out of it while exercising, and as they say....things that get used often tend to get irritated. LOL

Unknown said...

Obviously, you're allergic to running! :) I hate running, much prefer the elliptical, but I do LOVE the results of running.