Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wow

The United States of America makes me proud, gives me hope, inspires me, reassures me, comforts me and gives me reason to believe.

I am so proud of the growth of our great nation in breaking through the racial barriers and electing the first African American as President.

I am so hopeful that the days to come will bring successes to individuals, families, companies and our country as a whole.

I am inspired to take on the challenge of improving our country starting with my own community.

I am reassured that we as a country can live, work and interact together regardless of race, religion or sex.

I am comforted by the fact that our president is a wise leader.

I have reason to believe that anyone can achieve their dreams.


2 comments:

jmt said...

It certainly has been a wonderful day for the country, whether those who continue to call it "ordinary" decide to ignore the magnitude or not. :)

Helene said...

What a wonderful post!! You have such a beautiful way of putting your thoughts into words!