Thursday, July 24, 2008

Momma Didn't Raise No Quitter

Well here it goes, I must break you guys into my I hate my body and need to exercise routine. I go through this about every 2 weeks. I have wanted to keep it away from you guys and spare you the boredom. I just think we are getting to know each other a little better, I am loving this blogging thing so it is time I tell you as I do all my real life friends, family, co-workers, gas station attendants and any strangers on the street that will listen.......I am going on a diet, I have to do something. I am not comfortable in my own skin. What diet you ask well I have tried everything from the horrible cabbage soup diet, Atkins, calorie tracking, herbal life, slim fast, south beach and weight watchers. I use the term tried loosely because some of them have been like 4 hour diets so not a real try. Last year I talked my friend into just trying the atkins for a kick start, she has since lost 36 pounds and looks wonderful. I didn't lose, in fact I think I found some of her lost weight for her but again I only lasted a week before cheating here and there. So today I started the Atkins diet, good bye carbs and sugar. I know that Atkins is not a healthy life change (I have even used that excuse to stop doing it before) but I need a quick start to get motivated. I am also going to get moving, I am not going to lie to myself and set unrealistic goals of going to the gym 5 days a week, that is just not in the schedule. Instead I plan on doing a exercise video at least 4 nights a week. I have several random ones laying around the house so I will just do what I feel like at the time. After all at this point any exercise will help. Then once I see some sort of results and start somewhat feeling connected with exercise then I can transition into more of a healthy lifestyle and build the habit of healthy eating choice. So after many attempts I am back in the saddle and not giving up!

1 comment:

queen foodie said...

You can do it. I had to get back into the swing of things after a very long absence and gaining 70 lbs back. It's hard and not always fun, but you can do it... and you know what, if you have a crappy day, well there's always the next day...good luck!