Friday, August 15, 2008

80 Years Young

Today we went to have a birthday Party for Keith's Granny. She turned 80, that is a lot of life. The world was such a different place when she was growing up, I just think about how much technology she has had to adjust to. She is such a sharp little lady and still lives by herself. Today Keith played a game of rummy with her and she beat him. She loves to play rummy, do crossword puzzles and play bingo, that must be the key to keeping your mind on track or something, it seems all old people enjoys those activities. I can't imagine it is for the excitement. She did say the funniest thing as we were all sitting there with a little bit of a lull. She says "I am sorry but I am trying to stay up it is just they switched my medicine and I am high as a kite". I couldn't help but giggle.

No comments: