Thursday, August 7, 2008

Irony

In trying to keep up with my blogging everyday I was reflecting on different people in my life I could blog about and my BIL came to mind. It is actually kind of a fun wierd ironic story. We were stationed together in the Army and went on a deployment to Bosnia together. Both of us were single during that time so the flight home from the deployment neither one of us had family waiting for us, just a bus ride to the barracks. I remember deboarding the plane next to him and both of us being so freaking happy to be back in the US but still feeling lonely. We looked at each other and I said this is sad and he replied it is, we all got shit faced that night. The first time my sister saw him I was checking my mail and he went by, she asked who he was because she thought he was cute. They started dating and I got jealous, not because I wanted him, get that perverted shit out of your mind right ow but jealous because I could tell my sister was falling in love. I felt like I was losing my best friend, I didn't think she could love him and be my friend. In the begining he was a little insecure about it also so we put her right in the middle, each grabbed an arm and pulled as hard as we could. This lasted about a year, I don't know how she survived it. S-L-O-W-L-Y I started maturing and realized I had a sister no matter what. Then guess what happened...... I gained a brother! In fact it was a win win situation for me once I let it happened. He really is a great guy, he provides a great life for my sister, he loves her deeply and he is a great father. His professioal accomplishments are out of this world and that kind of sucks becuase his parents won't recognize anything he has accomplished. He is currently doing his second tour of duty in Iraq as a US Marshall and I am so proud of him. So just be aware of people in your life because in the long run they could become family!

2 comments:

queen foodie said...

I think it's great you have a good relationship with an inlaw. He sounds like a great guy!

Jess said...

Awww that was really sweet, what a great BIL you have. May God bring him home safe!!